It’s a snowy spring day here in Utah, which means lots of snuggles with Bailey and putzing around the house. One of my favorite things to do when the weather is crummy outside is to bake. There’s something about having a warm and delicious treat that makes the day inside better.
Banana bread is one of my all time favorites and this banana bread will knock your socks off. Sweetened with dates and maple syrup, this gooey, soft banana goodness is just what the dr. ordered. It will also make your house smell amazing! I like to add chocolate chips for a coco kick but you could make this recipe without them in you didn’t want the added sugar.
One of my health hacks is to sneak nutrition into my food, so that things like sweet treats are better for me. In this recipe I have added a boost of ALAYA Naturals Collagen! Did you know that after the age of 30 your skin loses 1% of its elasticity a year! Collagen is great for improving skins elasticity, plus it helps with your gut health, joints, nails and reduces your risk of heart disease – score!
I love and trust the ALAYA Naturals brand because all of their products are ethically sourced and they have strict product quality guidelines, which is super important when you’re looking at any supplement.
This week I am hosting a giveaway of ALAYA Natural products on my Instagram page. One lucky winner will win their Super Green Food, Multi Collagen and Plant-based Protein! Make sure you go check that out and you could be the winner of your own ALAYA Naturals products!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! I can’t wait for the weather to clear up but at least I have banana bread!
Banana Bread with ALAYA Naturals Collagen
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 38 minutes
Total Time 48 minutes
Servings 14 Slices
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/3 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 3 Medium Extra-Ripe Bananas
- 5 Dates
- 1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 Cup Almond Butter
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 1/2 Cups Oat Flour
- 1 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tbsps Maple Syrup
- 1 Scoop of ALYAS Natural collagen
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add the ALAYA Naturals Collagen, almond milk and lemon juice to a small mixing bowl. Stir and set aside.
- In a food processor blend dates, almond butter, vanilla and oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas. Once the bananas are mashed well, stir in the dates, almond butter, vanilla, and oil.
- Add the almond milk and lemon juice to the large mixing bowl and combine.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda, and sea salt.
- Add in maple syrup
**take a sample of the batter to determine if it’s sweet enough! Remember that the chocolate chips will also add in extra sweetness
- Fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Add the batter to a greased baking pan (9 x 5-inch), spread evenly.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- If the top of the loaf starts to brown before the center is done, cover the bread with tinfoil. Stick a knife into the bread and if it comes out clean, then the banana bread is done!
**mine was finished at 40 minutes
- Let the bread cool for a good thirty minutes before cutting the slices.
**I stored mine in the fridge